Each racer must always carry with them during the race:
- A mobile phone able to call and receive in Hong Kong during the entire race (including finish point)
- Two headlamps/torches (with batteries), plus additional replacement batteries
- A waterproof rain jacket with hood (made of waterproof and breathable material such as Gore-Tex or similar); seams must be seam-sealed; (see below pictures for reference)
- At least 1 liter of water or sports drinks (water bladder or water bottles) at the start line and upon leaving each checkpoint with refreshment post.
- Energy Bars/food portion (min. 300 kcal)
- Cup & eating utensils (neither disposable cup nor eating utensils will be provided throughout the race)
- A whistle
- An emergency space blanket or equivalent (minimum size of 130cm x 200cm)
- A personal rubbish bag (included in Racer’s pack)
- Flashing reflector light – put it outside of your backpack during the race so that motor vehicles drivers will be able to see you at night (included in Racer’s pack)
- Some cash (HK$100 or above)
- Race number bib and timing device, such as IC Chip, provided by the organizer, if applicable.
- A portable Global Positioning System (GPS) Device*, provided by the organizer.
*Note: If a participant failed to return the GPS device to the Organizer after the race, a deemed penalty will be collected. (for details, please refer to Rules and Regulations). Organizers also reserve the right to disqualify any participant who lost this GPS Device during the race.
- Anti-chafing cream / White Petroleum Jelly
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Trekking poles
- Cap or sunhat or buff
- Spare socks, Warm clothing
- Backup power device for mobile/smartphone
- Octopus card (payments for vending machine or traffic fares)
- Race Course Map
- Adhesive elastic tape/band (minimum 80cm x 3cm)
- First-aid Kit (band-aids, sterile dressing, roll of strapping tape, blister care, antiseptic wipes, painkillers, etc. and any relevant personal medications)